Thursday, July 24, 2008

Soooo....

Well...i went to see "The Dark Knight" the other night after work. 
 
 
IT WAS AWESOME!!!
 
 
I would have to put it on top of the list of the Batman movies....just ahead of Batman Begins, Batman Returns, Batman and the other two just suck (you know the ones with Arnold Swarzenegger as Dr Freeze, Jim Carrey as the Riddler, Tommy Lee Jones as Harvey Dent/Two Face and Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy...why do i know so much about Batman....i must be a Geek!)
 
Why was it good?...well, altho Heath Ledger has given me bad dreams before from other movies (see A Knights Tale or 10 Things I Hate About You), he was actually creepy in this...forget Jack Nicholson as the Joker in the original Batman Movie...and I was happy he didn't look like a bad victim of "Dolly Parton-like facial surgery".
 
I was also happy to see that the guy who played Harvey Dent could actually act....altho from watching him in "The Core", you might doubt it!
 
there were also some good previews too....i do have a question for my comic book friend out there...what is "The Watchmen" exactly, and am i weird to think that this movie looks totally cool just from the preview?
 
anyway...i will post more later....the dogs need out!
 




Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

3 comments:

Geoffrey said...

yeah the core goes on the list of most dumb movies up there with the weatherman and house of wax

Jessica Pears said...

So, I'm not so much liking the purple, though I'm assuming it's in honor of the Joker. I have to admit I too have nightmares about Heath LEdger, last night he was without the Joker make up and he was gunning down people in a mall and I was trying to hide because I didn't want to be shot.

And thanks for helping me remember where I'd seen 2-face before (not that I'm admitting to seeing the COre...I've tried to block that lost 2 hours of my life from memory. I've seen better flicks on the SciFi channel and that's not saying much.

Captain Power said...

The Watchmen are your anti hero/ Who's watching the watchmen tpye Story. It was a comic Turned gaphic novel. It apparetly started the interest in them. It's a very dark interesting story. I am sure you would really like it. the Comic or the movie. Here is a link.. careful it may spoil stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen